The Premier has announced that Greater Brisbane will go into lockdown for three days from 5pm today, Monday 29 March to 5pm Thursday 1 April, to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
Those living in the local government areas of Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Redlands and Logan will be required to stay at home except for the following reasons:
- shopping for essentials, food and necessary supplies
- medical or healthcare needs, including compassionate requirements
- exercise with no more than one other person, unless all from the same household
- providing care or assistance to an immediate family member
- work, or volunteering, or study if it is not reasonably practicable to work or learn remotely
- child custody arrangements
- legal obligations
- visit for end of life
- attend funeral or wedding in line with restrictions
- emergency situations, to escape harm
- exemption from the Chief Health Officer.
Masks must be worn when leaving home, including using ride share, public transport and at indoor venues, including the workplace.
All essential businesses will remain open. Schools will close from tomorrow except for the children of essential workers.
Importantly, anyone who was in Greater Brisbane on, or since Saturday 20 March, but has since left must follow the same lockdown rules as for Greater Brisbane.
If you have any symptoms at all, get tested immediately and quarantine at home until you receive a negative result.
Public servants outside of the Greater Brisbane area
Our public servants outside of the Great Brisbane area, are asked to take all necessary precautions and follow the Chief Health Officer’s advice, including wearing a mask and social distancing. Please speak to your supervisor about your work arrangements during this time.
Queensland Government agencies have again activated their business continuity plans. As each agency is different please speak to your supervisor about your particular work arrangements.
A full list of restrictions is available.
These measures are being taken to ensure the wellbeing of all Queenslanders.
We thank you again for your support.