The P&C provides a variety of services to our school community including but not limited to:
• Scholastic Book Club to help supply even more books to the library
• Contributions to increase Teacher’s Aide hours to provide additional support in classrooms
• Contributions to purchase additional ICT equipment such as iPads and laptops
• Support of Shade and Seating areas around the school
• Funding for Year 6 end of year graduation celebrations
• Support of various school choir and Arts excursions by funding bus costs
The P&C raise funds through events such as:
• Mother’s Day Stall
• Father’s Day Stall
• School Discos
• Sausage Sizzles
• Under 8’s Day
• Colour Fun Runs and many others ….
The P&C meets monthly on the second Wednesday, 6pm in the school staffroom of the Administration Building.
All parents and community are encouraged to join the P&C and attend meetings if they can.
Benefits of becoming a member include:
• access to meeting minutes
• learning what is happening in the school
• be involved and offer suggestions for our school community
• a great way to get to know other parents and families and be involved in community events
How can you join? Complete a P&C Membership Form and submit it each year prior to the Annual General Meeting (link below). It is also possible to join later in the year. Contact the P&C for details of how to do this.
Research shows that children whose parents are actively engaged with their education do better and are happier at school. It also gives you the opportunity to network with the principal, staff and other parents so you can discuss current topics and share your ideas and experiences.
The P&C advertises the dates for their meetings in the school newsletter, on the school website and on their facebook page.