Parents and Citizens (P&C) Association
We are fortunate to have a passionate and active P&C association in Jinibara State School. The P&C help us reach our goals by participating in decision making that relates to parents, teachers and school organisation.
The P&C provides a variety of services to our school community including:
- Outside School Hours Care (OSHC)
- Uniform shop and Student Supplies
- Scholastic Book Club
- School banking
- Supporting the Teacher’s Aide programs
- Support of the ICT and laptop programs
- Support of the Chaplain, Speech and Occupational Therapy programs
- Support of Shade and Seating areas around the school
- Year 6 Graduation Dinner and Dance
- Funding of the Choir/Skittles and Sport Bus Trips
- Mother’s Day Stall
- Father’s Day Stall
- End of Term Discos
- Sausage Sizzles
- Under 8’s Day
- ObstacoolAnd many others ….
The P&C meets on the second Wednesday, bi-monthly, at 7.00 pm in the school staffroom of the Administration Building. The P&C advertises the dates for their meetings in the school newsletter and on the school website. You are encouraged and most welcome to attend.
Even if you are not able to attend P&C meetings, we encourage you to become a P&C member so you are informed by email of meeting minutes, learn what is happening in the school and have your say. Your membership with the P&C needs to be renewed yearly by completing a P&C Membership Form and submitting it each year prior to the Annual General Meeting. It is also possible to join later in the year; contact the P&C for details of how to do this.
Research shows that children whose parents are actively engaged with their education, do better and are happier at school. Being involved with P&C shows your child that you value their education. It also gives you the opportunity to network with the principal, teachers and other parents so you can discuss issues and share your ideas and experiences.
P&C Meeting Dates for 2021
- Wednesday 10th March 2021 – Annual General Meeting
- Wednesday 12th May 2021
- Wednesday 9th June 2021
- Wednesday 11th August 2021
- Wednesday 8th September 2021
- Wednesday 13th October 2021
- Wednesday 10th November 2021 (Final Meeting for 2021)
All meetings begin at 7 pm in the Staff Room Administration Block.
P&C Executive 2021
All the following people have volunteered their time to take on these very important positions:
- President: Kristy Johnston
- Vice President: Ann Marie Painter
- Secretary: Nikki Butt
- Treasurer: Belinda Kingston